Health and safety in the supply chain
yobet体育官网The health and safety of our employees and everyone else affected by our activities is fundamental to the success of our business.
At Balfour Beatty, we believe there is no conflict between our requirement to keep our workforce and members of the public safe and our long term financial success. Nothing that we do is so important that it cannot be done safely.
yobet体育官网We share our vision of a Zero Harm culture with our suppliers – and we will only work with supply chain partners who are committed to safety.
We require that everyone who works for or with us:
- Embeds health and safety as core elements in all they do
- Takes a lead in requiring and delivering excellent health and safety
- Works with us to eliminate the risk of serious harm from all our activities
- Upholds and promotes our policies and expected behaviours
- Is intolerant of unsafe behaviour, short cuts and unplanned work
- Supports those who challenge these unsafe practices, and holds people to account if they don’t conform
- Insists that everyone is involved, informed and engaged
- Challenges, learns and innovates to reduce risk
- Reports potentially unsafe incidents and injuries, and investigates fully to learn lessons
- Comes to work in a fit condition
yobet体育官网Together we can take steps to continually improve our safety culture.
yobet体育官网Effective engagement gives us an opportunity to innovate for more sustainable outcomes and achieve our Zero Harm vision. Many Balfour Beatty businesses hold regular 'Meet Balfour Beatty' days and supply chain conferences to communicate our Zero Harm and sustainability visions.
yobet体育官网Speedy Hire demonstrates on-going commitment to Zero Harm through its continued support for site-based safety days. They provide workshops, presentations and literature to our supply chain, encouraging a Zero Harm approach to procuring and operating plant and equipment.