Embedded rail system
yobet体育官网Our embedded rail system offers significant advantages over traditional ballasted track. It provides enhanced performance and availability, with lower maintenance and reduced whole life costs. This slab track system also reduces noise and vibration, as well as reducing the amount of aggregates used in ballasted track.
How it works
The rail is continuously supported in an elastomeric pad and a fibre reinforced plastic shell. The system consists of an efficient, low profile reinforced concrete track slab. Initial installation using either slipform or pre-cast concrete is both fast and economical.
With only three components and no fastenings or fittings, little inspection is required. This lowers the costs of maintenance and spare stocks.
yobet体育官网The track slab uses a suitably prepared formation. The concrete slab is cast in-situ, slip formed or pre-cast with slots for the sub system. Rail is supplied in long or short lengths for aluminothermic or flash butt welding. The rail, pad and shell are held by special alignment frames and grouted into position. Storm water is directed away from the slab and formation by a drainage system. Electrical details can be provided to suit third and fourth rail traction power and signalling equipment requirements.
yobet体育官网The system is ideal for high speed passenger, heavy haul freight and mixed traffic railways, metros and light rail, and for tunnels, viaducts and open route.
- Integral broken rail containment
- Integral derailment prevention
- Buckle-proof rail containment at all temperatures
- Lowest system height for improved clearances (370mm)
- Configurable to reduce airborne noise and ground borne vibration
- Environmental drainage control and easier cleaning
- Unique rail head stability
- Up to 90 % reduction in the number of components required
- An installed cost approaching that of ballasted track
- Up to 50% increase in rail life
- 70% reduction in the use of quarried aggregates
- 80% reduction in inspection and maintenance costs
- 50% reduction in risk of track related fatalities
- Increased operational availability and capacity